Friday, July 27, 2012

Video: My Experience With EVPs and the Paranormal

I recorded my tour of an abandoned sanatorium and much of what I experienced there. The audio is left untouched- these EVPs are exactly as I received them. Also note the times this voice says something, and I repeat it. It happens twice. You be the judge.



According to Wikipedia:
Electronic voice phenomena (EVP) are electronically generated noises that resemble speech, but are supposedly not the result of intentional voice recordings or renderings. Common sources of EVP include static, stray radio transmissions, and background noise. Recordings of EVP are often created from background sound by increasing the gain (i.e. sensitivity) of the recording equipment.[1]
Interest in EVP surrounds claims that it is of paranormal origin[2], although many occurrences have had natural explanations including apophenia (finding significance in insignificant phenomena), auditory pareidolia (interpreting random sounds as voices in one's own language), equipment artifacts, and hoaxes.


What I found:
**This is what I heard. You may hear and/or see something different. The whispers are fairly loud and clear.
  • 0:14 - "It's so amazing." - I say, "it's just fucking amazing" at 0:25.
  • 0:38 - "It's open."
  • 0:45 - ???
  • 2:12 - "Come on."
  • 2:31 - "There we go." - This was about the time I found my flashlight, then handed it to my friend. I told him how to turn it on, zipped up my backpack, and also said "There we go", at 2:43

What I felt at the time:
I felt welcome, and (mostly) safe, and like my gut instinct was driving me to explore further. I did not hear this voice while I was there.

Afterward:
Once I started fitting the pieces together, it's been an experience of both shock and awe. Now, I'm not so sure what I believe as far as EVPs and 'ghosts' and other paranormal things go, but the more I think about what happened and how I felt, it was almost as if I was getting a personal tour of the abandoned facility, rather than just exploring further on my own. Weird.

Discuss:
You can go directly to the YouTube page to vote and comment. What do you think about my find?

Jackson Sanatorium - Dansville, New York NY - dansville castle - haunted places