Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Sun, Fun & Sun Poisoning (not so fun)

sunburn on knee - sun poisoning - second degree burns
+ view larger image +
Worst sunburn of my life.

I went rafting with friends on Sunday, and despite the fact that I was wearing SPF 100+ sunblock, and reapplied with SPF 30 later, I still managed to get fried.

Fortunately, I was wearing a shirt (a sleeveless shirt, but still, a shirt) and capris over my bathing suit, but I also got some really weird burn lines.

The worst part is my left knee, which is almost purple in a couple spots, and it was horrible putting aloe gel on it (I screamed, I won't lie). I'm using Solarcaine spray now, and it's helping a lot more, but the next few days are going to be terrible.

More of the story:
Apply sunblock like crazy. Reapply. Reapply again. And again just to be sure. Because second degree burns suck, and you want to save your skin. Especially if you have tattoos- you don't want them to turn into blobs, do you? (And tanning beds are even worse. Stay out of them.)