Thursday, October 29, 2009

13 Things That Made Me Smile This Week

Okay, so here's the deal-

Every Friday, I'm posting 13 ..things.. well, whatever it is I choose to write about. (Granted that I don't forget it's Friday.) I chose the number 13 simply because it's been deemed unlucky, and evil, and whatever else you superstitious people like to say about it. (It really is a good number despite that. It's odd, and a prime number, and just all around abstract.) And Friday, because it fits perfectly into the equation. And it's the end of my week.. I don't care if you consider Saturday to be the end of the week like most everyone else on the planet, this is MY blog and I'm proclaiming Friday to be the end of MY week. Saturday is the highlight of MY week and deserves its place at the start.

Enough of my mindless rambling. 13 things that made me smile this week, in no particular order:

1) Trick-or-treaters. If you saw the expressions on their faces when I answered the door, you'd have been amused too. Imagine this- a quiet neighborhood full of senior citizens.. then some goth chick with obscenely long hair answers the door of a seemingly ordinary house. Most of them didn't know what to think. I remember one kid asking, "What are you supposed to be?" and I said, "Uhh.. I look like this all the time." Because I do. Then I gave out candy, and Twittered and LOL'ed my ass off until it lost its effect. Then I ate dinner.

2) I have been dubbed "the vampire lady." And since then, the kids down the street have left me alone. Of course, it helped when I cracked a joke about how everyone around here is dying. Morbid humor. Go ahead, tell me I'm going to hell. I'm not a kid person.

3) A day trip to Alto Music in Middletown, NY with friends. As tired and hungover as I was from the night before, I still enjoyed it. I fell madly in love with a keyboard I can't afford, decided exactly which electric violin I'm going to purchase in the near future, and to top it off, cured the hangover with dinner at Denny's. Breakfast food. For dinner. Hell yeah.

4) A text messaging marathon with @J_Boner. All week. I haven't slept much.

5) The Rocky Horror Picture Show! I hadn't seen it in ages, so a guy I used to work with, who knows how much I love it, picked up a copy for me. It totally made my day.

6) This goes along with #5.. Singing "Sweet Transvestite", and dancing, in public. Not only does it make friends smile, it attracts odd looks from random strangers. And those who do find the humor in it are wildly entertained.. one woman actually sang along with me briefly.

7) Running into old friends whom I haven't seen in a while. I've come across so many people lately, it's really starting to freak me out. But it a good way. They're cool people.

8) Rediscovering my nail polish collection. I'd forgotten how many cool colors I have, and most of them are as good as new!

9) The people at BlogEngage. Because you guys rock.

10) Taking random photos with my phone and sending them to friends- a good way to waste 30 seconds of someone's life. And it shows I'm thinking about them.

11) Leftover Halloween candy with my coffee in the morning. I absolutely love coffee and chocolate.. especially together. It's one of my most favorite things in the entire world.

12) Reading Memnoch the Devil by Anne Rice. I just started it on Wednesday and I'm already halfway through it. Good so far, this is the most I've read (as far as books go) in years.

13) The people I chose for today's #FollowFriday on Twitter- @bbrian017 @dubiousMa @CarrieArmitage @CharlyHeath @ginakay @J_Boner

So how about you? What are 13 things that made you smile this week?