Thursday, April 29, 2010

Q&A: Regarding Web Hosting

"What webhost are you using? I am an artist and looking for a good host for my website. What are your thoughts about the service?"
- matti via the forum

Good question.

My music website has been hosted by Bandzoogle since early 2006. BZ has come a long way since then, and they are constantly improving their service.

In my opinion, they are the best web host out there for artists right now, because they make it extremely easy to create a website to fit your needs. The service holds true to their old motto- "So easy, your drummer can do it."

I'm on the pro plan, which includes unlimited pages, audio tracks, image and file storage, 10 email accounts, and download codes, among a lot of other stuff an artist could need. Every hosting plan includes a free domain name, traffic reports, and mailing list feature. Blog(s), forum, photo galleries, guestbook, event list, and store features are also included, and they make it very easy to connect with your social profiles, like Twitter, Reverbnation, Last.fm, MySpace, Facebook, YouTube, etc.

At this point, I wouldn't consider any other web host for my music.

As for this blog, it is hosted by Blogger (which is free for those who don't know), and I purchased my domain name through 1&1. It is a much cheaper way to build your mini empire, that is, if a blog is all you really want.


Thanks for the questions, keep them coming. More Q&A soon.